Karen Schuld Photography: NYC Food Photographer

Sprouts in the Hood

Sprouts in the Hood
Exploring My Hood Through Food and Lifestyle Photography

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Iced Cantaloupe Smoothy with Cardamom

Cantaloupe and Cardamom Smoothie
My furniture, kitchen supplies and other personal items are finally here after a six week journey from New York City to New Mexico.  It feels good to have my tools for cooking once again.

This summer morning, I used my blender and a freshly picked cantaloupe to make an iced smoothy for breakfast.  A dash of cardamom powder gives a little added sweetness to the drink's flavor.  Using powdered nonfat milk made my beverage creamy and satisfying without the added calories.

Recipe for Cantaloupe and Cardamom Smoothie: 


Ingredients:


1 cup cantaloupe, chopped
1/2 cup ice
3-4 tablespoons powdered nonfat milk, (I use Organic Valley nonfat milk)
1/8 teaspoon cardamom, powdered
1 sprig of mint


Place ingredients together into a blender and blend until texture is a little smooth and a little crunchy from ice.  Add a splash of green with a sprig of mint for a garnish.

1 comment:

  1. Choosing the right Vacuum sealer is very important since you are going to store your healthy food items through this process. https://daconsumerreports.com/

    ReplyDelete